Planning a Destination Wedding can be both exciting and stressful. Our goal is to make the process of choosing your photographer a simple one. We know you’ve got questions and we’ve got answers, so read through our FAQ and let us know if we can answer any additional questions!
How do we know you’re the right photographer for us?
- My personality is very laid back and relaxed. I love to laugh and find that my calm, joking, and easy going demeanor helps keep everyone else relaxed. Likewise, our couples are full of life and love to have a good time. Like us, they love to laugh and are not afraid to be a little silly to get a great shot rather than be stiff and formal. Our couples trust our instincts, and have an open mind to our sometimes crazy suggestions and ideas. We feel it’s imperative our clients are 100% excited about working with us and share our vision. Our focus is photography for the Romantic, Joyful and Adventurous Couple. That means our style involves a lot of snuggling and romance coupled with jokes and laughter. We know not everyone shares that personality trait, we are happy to suggest photographers we think might be a better fit if you’re looking for a more formal photographer or tend to be a little on the shy side. We really take pride in the fact that our couples become more than just clients. If you’re looking for photographers that remain hidden we are not for you. While it’s important that we don’t disrupt the flow of the day it’s very important to us that we treat your friends and family like they’re our friends and family.
We’re not sure we need the included engagement session, can we swap it out?
- Unfortunately, no. I feel very passionately about getting to really know my couples prior to their wedding day. Engagement sessions are complimentary and designed as way for you to get comfortable in front of the camera and with me. While you certainly aren’t required to do it, they are not transferable for anything else. I’ve never had a couple regret doing an engagement session, but most definitely have had them regret NOT doing their session. If you can’t make it into town before the wedding that’s totally OK, we often are able to squeeze you in the week of the wedding. It’s a great chance to meet up and chat about the final details of your day.
What should we know about the engagement session?
- Sessions typically last around 45 minutes – 1 hour, and I work with my couples to choose a location that fits their needs. Most couples will opt for an outfit change, and sometimes even a location change provided the location is within quick and easy driving distance. I have a few favorite spots I’m happy to recommend but love when my couples come at me with something unique. Sessions may take place at any location within 60 miles of 27954, but we LOVE to travel and are happy to photograph outside of that range (travel fees apply). You should come excited and ready to smile! In all seriousness it’s a time for us to get to know each other. While you might feel stiff at first, my ultimate goal is to get you comfortable in front of the camera. My style is romantic, joyful, and adventurous. There will be a lot of laughs, snuggling, and probably a crazy request from me to climb in the marsh or stand on a log! Let’s just say it’s always a good idea to bring a towel and change of clothes!
Do you use a shot list?
- In general we don’t accept shot lists, and by shot lists I mean the online print-outs found on most wedding planning sites. Things like the “First Kiss” or “Bridal Party Together” are things we normally capture on a wedding day. We only use a shot list for family formals, and it’s a detailed list based on a questionnaire completed by our couples. We find this keeps family formals running quickly and smoothly and ensures that we capture all the groupings our couples request. Outside of that, we strive to capture your day as it unfolds. It’s important to know that we are NOT Pinterest photographers. We want to photograph moments and memories that are unique to YOUR wedding, not a copy of someone else’s. Please do make sure to let us know of any special moments or items present on your wedding day, we’d hate to miss capturing a special keepsake that we didn’t know about.
Do you photograph small weddings?
- Absolutely, we love shooting weddings of all sizes. We offer coverage on an hourly basis. Some restrictions and minimums may apply based on the month and day you’re getting married, so it’s best to contact us directly to see if we are open for your date!
Do you travel?
- YES!!!! I LOVE to travel and have a valid passport that’s always ready to go. I typically travel for at least 4-5 weddings each year. Getting married in cool location? I offer amazing deals for destination weddings (outside of the Outer Banks) – shooting in new and interesting locations sparks the creative juices!
We love your work, how do we book you?
- Simple! Once we’ve confirmed availability for your date we’ll send you a contract and invoice. Dates are considered officially booked with signed contract and non-refundable retainer. We believe that simple is better, so all of our clients are booked within our online booking system which holds all your wedding info!
Can you hold our date?
- Yes and No. Once you tell us you’re ready to book we prepare your contract/invoice and shoot it over to you via our online booking system. You’re date is “held” for 5 days for you to complete the contract and pay your retainer online. After 5 days your contract expires. We’re happy to set up a new contract, but we can’t hold a date. If you know you’re ready to book it’s best to go for it! Certain months are in high demand and while we do give priority to the first inquiry, we book on a first come – first serve basis.